Just last week, Nancy Pelosi was telling us that “everybody benefits from” ObamaCare, see it here.
Here’s the reality which Pelosi and her leftist cronies don’t want you knowing about.
The Doctor Patient Medical Association Foundation conducted a survey of American doctors in April/May 2012 which clearly reveals that doctors “squarely point the finger of blame for current problems at the government,” and they “see doctors and patients as the solution – not government.”
Key findings taken directly from the DPMA’s executive report:
- 90% say the medical system is on the WRONG TRACK
- 83% say they are thinking about QUITTING
- 61% say the system challenges their ETHICS
- 85% say the patient-physician relationship is in a TAILSPIN
- 65% say GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT is most to blame for current problems
- 72% say individual insurance mandate will NOT result in improved access care
- 49% say they will STOP accepting Medicaid patients
- 74% say they will STOP ACCEPTING Medicare patients, or leave Medicare completely
- 52% say they would rather treat some Medicaid/Medicare patient for FREE
- 57% give the AMA a FAILING GRADE representing them
- 1 out of 3 doctors is HESITANT to voice their opinion
- 2 out of 3 say they are JUST SQUEAKING BY OR IN THE RED financially
- 95% say private practice is losing out to CORPORATE MEDICINE
- 80% say DOCTORS/MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS are most likely to help solve things
- 70% say REDUCING GOVERNMENT would be single best fix.
Doctors tell us what they really think.
Survey respondents were allowed to leave open-ended comments, here are a few from the report:
One respondent from Missouri writes: “Medicine is no longer about treating and taking care of patients. I spend more time telling patients about additional paperwork they need to fill out.”
“Electronic medical records should be trashed or at least not connected to outside electronic world to help avoid confidentiality abuse” writes a neurologist from Missouri.
And from an orthopedist in Minnesota: “Doctors have lost control and are being told what to do by hospitals, insurance companies and the government who only care about money – not patients.”
“Medicine has become big business and doctors have become workers who are exploited by big business.” (Psychiatrist, CT)
“There should be much less cronyism and favoritism between medical organizations and government. The PPACA is a monstrous bill designed to give government COMPLETE control over our lives…” (Endocrinologist, FL)
“The most important thing would be to eliminate third party payments. Patients and physicians should decide what tests need to be done and what treatment will be administered. The patient should pay the physician for service. Whether they then get reimbursed is between the patient and the third party payer. This would put patients and physicians in charge.” (Cardiothoracic Surgeon, IA)
“I opted out of all insurance 6 years ago and really enjoy practicing medicine again. I have found that many people that do not have insurance are quite happy to pay a reasonable fee for their care.”(Family Practice, SC)
View complete survey results here.
Looks like ObamaCare is already having its intended prescriptive effect of choking Americans’ choice, healthcare, and freedoms.
Gee, I wonder if the 83% of doctors who are thinking about QUITTING are just some of those “anti-government idealogues” who are making false “claims” Pelosi was referring to?
Just smile and remember, “everybody benefits.” Pelosi said so.